Tips for Buying a New Rug
Before you buy a new rug take a look over our tips below to ensure you get the best value for money and the best rug to suit your home and personal taste. Whether you are looking for a rug to give a room a new look or need a warm floor covering for a cold floor, there are a multitude of fabulous rugs to choose from.
- First, think about how your room is used. How many people pass through and is it on a regular basis. The more foot traffic passing over your rug the dirtier it can get so this could affect your choice. Darker coloured rugs will fare better in these areas and will need cleaning less often.
- If you are looking to make a room appear larger, light colours will do the job perfectly whilst dark colours help to make a room seem more cosy and inviting.
- If you are looking for a rug that will offer the most comfort underfoot and stay looking great for longer, look for a rug with a deep pile. The deeper the pile, the longer the natural life of your rug.
- A rug with lots of padding beneath will actually last longer, withstanding normal wear and tear and helping to reduce the impact of foot traffic and noise.
- Patterns are also an important consideration. If you are looking for a rug that makes a statement, big and bold patterns and designs are a good solution. A rug without a border gives the impression of continuous flowing space helping to make a room appear larger.
- Of course, price needs to be a top priority if you are on a budget. Many factors will drive up the price of your rug including the material, length of pile and whether the rug is hand knotted. The good news is that there is a rug to suit all budgets so if money is no object or you have a specific sum of money in mind you are sure to find the right rug to suit your needs.
If you are looking to buy a new rug you really can't beat the choice and value available at Rughouse. We have a huge selection of rugs available with new stock being added regularly. Each of our rugs is chosen for its superior quality and will stay looking its best for many years to come.
A Rug to Suit All Budgets
If you have a tight budget there are many ways to purchase a rug and stay within your price range. Shopping online will open up many fantastic deals to you and give you so much choice. With regular sales and special offers available you are sure to snap up a bargain. If money is no object then again, there is a myriad of choice available online. Choose from thousands of colours and designs in a wide range of sizes. The beauty of shopping for rugs online is that you get a good deal and a selection that you just wouldn't find on the high street or in specialist rug stores.
Measure, Measure and Measure Again
One of the most important things to do before buying a new rug is to measure the area where the rug is going to be placed. Measure the floor space and any large furniture items nearby so you know exactly how much room you have to play with. Rugs are usually displayed hanging vertically and can look bigger than they actually are. By having your measurements to hand you can check that the rug will fit where you want it and avoid any disappointment.
Think about where your rug is going to be placed and how much traffic it is likely to experience. It is no good putting a silk rug in a hallway as it will be destroyed in a matter of weeks from the frequent footfall. Many rug retailers are happy to offer advice and assistance on which rugs should go where so never be afraid to ask questions.
Unfortunately, there are no completely allergy-free rugs on the market, but as rugs trap dust they can be beneficial over hard floor surfaces. If you have allergies you should hoover your rug at least twice a week to remove the allergens and arrange for professional cleaning at least once a year.